Error in "make testall"

Hello guys,

I’m trying to install OpenFHE on Windows 10. I had no errors during make and make install but when I run make testall the following errors appears:

"C:/msys64/home/berna/openfhe-development/build/unittest/binfhe_tests.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libOPENFHEcore.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
                                                                                         make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/testall.dir/build.make:74: CMakeFiles/testall] Error 127
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:477: CMakeFiles/testall.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:484: CMakeFiles/testall.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:248: testall] Error 2"

I have checked the directories and I do have the .dll files in C:/msys64/home/berna/openfhe-development/build/lib.

Does anyone know what can possibly be the problem?

Thanks in advance :smiley:

I’m obliged to ask so forgive me, but you followed the instructions on our Installing OpenFHE on Windows right?

Yep, I did. I actually did it twice just to be sure. I’m using the mingw64 shell (blue icon).

@Bernardo_Ramalho This error implies that the .dlls cannot be found in the paths specified in the PATH variable. Make sure you follow step 8 in Installing OpenFHE on Windows — OpenFHE documentation and run the unit tests from the build directory by entering

make testall

Let me know if this resolves the error.

Oh yeah, that fixed it. I hadn’t done it since I ran make install and in the tutorial, it says: “8. If not running make install”.

Thanks very much for the help :slight_smile:

@iquah @ypolyakov should we modify the instructions in the tutorial then?

Sounds reasonable. We will update the instructions for MinGW.

@all

I’ve made the following issue on our github Update the installation instructions for Windows · Issue #242 · openfheorg/openfhe-development · GitHub

Thanks for making the report @Bernardo_Ramalho

Resolved as part of Patch to v1.0.1 by yspolyakov · Pull Request #246 · openfheorg/openfhe-development · GitHub