How to get the limitations on computational data

As a user who does not have a deep understanding of the theory of fully homomorphic encryption, how am I supposed to find the limiting relationship between the homomorphic context parameter and the range of data it can allow for computation?

Despite successful decryption through homomorphic computation, OpenFHE may yield incorrect results. It occurs when the inputs violate the constraints or designs of the homomorphic encryption scheme. In other words, under specific parameter settings, the scheme cannot fully process these inputs.

I note that EvalAdd does not add in some cases mentions limitations on data size for firstModSize and scaleModSize. But such instructions are rare in the OpenFHE example comments (or I haven’t found them yet), and there may be illegal hints in some places where exceptions are thrown. I have also read the information mentioned in Parameter Choices, which seems to have not much relevant description of the limitations. And I find it challenging to extract the limitations of individual parameters and their impact on computational data from the cited papers. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

So I am curious if describing such limitations (not necessarily in precise detail) would be feasible, considering the complexity of OpenFHE with numerous parameters. Maybe including this information in future parameter documentation could significantly benefit users or developers who are not experts in FHE. :smiley:

Thanks for the help!

As a starting point, I would recommend watching the Integer arithmetic webinar and Approximate arithmetic webinar These webinars explain the main user parameters.